Saturday 12 September 2009

I know that it's Springtime when .........................



I see these trees of mine out in full bloom.


Don't they look beautiful against the blue sky, although the photos don't do them justice and as the flowers die they fall off and cover the ground in a wonderful bright yellow carpet, I have about 7 of them all around the yard, if someone is looking for our house this time of year we just say it's the one with the yellow trees and they soon find it. LOL

Now I know that I have been missing for a while, I have been busy painting and redecorating also getting lots of quotes for some work that we are having done around here. Now that some of it has been finalised I am able to tell you all of the plans that we have.

First on the list is my Kitchen, I have probably mentioned it before but I have not had a working oven in about 7 years, my stove top smashed to pieces Christmas Eve 5 years ago and bench space well I just don't have much, so the kitchen is getting a major redo all new cupboards and appliances yeah I can't wait.

Next on the list is the BBQ area, we love cooking out here, well we have to since my kitchen doesn't work, out here we are put a roof over the top and hopefully there will be enough money left over to tile the floor and build a serving bench.

Right next to the BBQ area is where the pool will be going, can't wait for this one (yeah no more Kmart blowup pools for summer).

And then there is the ensuite this is getting a total redo too, although it doesn't look too bad the shower is leaking and the toilet well lets just not go there. I am hoping that there might be a little money saved over to do the main bathroom too, since we are doing the bathrooms ourselves (Paul's brother is a tiler and one of his best mates is a plumber) I'm looking forward to doing it ourselves (famous last words).

So that is our plans for the next couple of months, we are hoping to get it all finished before Christmas, I won't be too stressed if it is not but it would be nice. I will be showing you all lots of photos as we go.
I'm sorry for the long post but I have been so excited to tell you all about my plans but didn't want to jinx it. Next post I will show you all some of the other projects I have finished around the house, now I had better pop in and visit you all if you all still remember me. LOL

Cheers and Best Wishes,


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhh it is all so fabulous!!! You are so lucky!! I hate fall and winter and we are going into those right now :( I wish it would be spring summer all the time, lol!
Hugs,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,
Wow so much good new is 1 post! I can't wait to see all of your little projects come to life.
~S~

roseroomnz.com said...

I am just loving spring! Wow, you have a lot on the go, but how fabulous to have all of that done my Christmas. Now you must post befores and afters for us! Rachaelxo

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Linda! The Silky Oaks are starting to flower here and if we ever have blue, non-dusty skies again, the gold against the blue will be as fab as your photo! Hope all your renovating is going well! Bear Hugs! KRIS

Nikon digital cameras said...

Spring time is my favorite time of the year.